Your Rights under Australian Consumer Law
If an item you buy fails to work or do what you asked for, you have the right to ask for a repair, replacement or refund under the Australian Consumer Law. The remedy you’re entitled to will depend on whether the issue is major or minor.
Where refunds will not be available
You are not entitled to a replacement or refund so simply because you changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or if you ordered the wrong item.
As we offer an online service, it is your responsibility to ensure you check the item description and size carefully before ordering.
Costs of return Postage
You are entitled to return an item if you believe that there is a problem. You are generally responsible for returning the item if it can be posted or easily returned. You are entitled to recover reasonable postage or transportation costs from us if the item is confirmed to have a problem, so keep your receipts.
When items are too large, too heavy or too difficult to remove, we will pay for reasonable shipping costs or collection within a reasonable time of being notified of the problem.
You do not have to return items in the original packaging in order to get a refund, however we ask that you do so if the original packaging is available, as this will aid the item reaching us safely.
For a refund, you will need to return the items by post or deliver. Please follow our return policy. This policy is aimed to prevent unnecessary costs to you. We recommend that you keep your original item packaging if possible. Should you need to return an item for repair under warranty and not have the original packaging, you will bear the responsibility for safely packaging your Item for transport and Furniture Deal accepts no liability for any damage that may occur in transit.
We reserve the right to charge you for any postage costs incurred for returns should we find the item not have a problem or if you’ve changed your mind.
We will charge a re-stocking fee where items are returned due to change of mind or wrong address entered at checkout.
Steps and Return Procedure
Please do not return the faulty item to us without contacting us first. For us to assist you, we require that prior to retuning goods to us you:
- check the item or items for damages or faults;
- record the damages or faults by picture or videos; and
- email the picture or videos to us along with a detailed description.
To make a claim, you must provide us with a copy of your tax invoice or any kind of proof showing that you purchased the item from us. You need to also describe the problem precisely and provide evidence to support your claim, and state whether you are requesting a replacement, repair, refund or credit. This will enable us to review your claim. If you do not follow this procedure additional charges, such as postage and handling, may apply.
Once assessed and approved by our Furniture Deal team, you will be contacted to proceed with the return, refund or replacement process.
A refund or replacement will not be provided if items are being misused, mishandled or mistakenly installed. Customers are responsible for following the instructions and advice given by the manufacturers.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee**
The 30 day money back guarantee is only available on selected products. These will be advertised on the releavant product pages which are included. There will be some specific terms and conditions for some products which will be listed below.
You are not entitled to a 30 day money back guarantee for change of mind, if you found the product cheaper somewhere else, ordered the wrong size item, wrong colour or anything similar to these conditions. You are also not entitled to a 30-night sleep trial if you have negotiated a replacement mattress for a previous 30-night sleep trial claim. If a replacement is sent instead of a return/refund, you no longer qualify for the 30-night sleep trial on the replacement mattress.
As we offer an online service, it is your responsibility to ensure you check the item description, colour, size etc. before ordering with Furniture Deal.
Euro Top mattress 30 day Guarantee –
– Great things take time. To be eligible for a return or money back guarantee on this item, you must have been sleeping on this mattress for a minimum of 14 nights. It can take 2-4 weeks for your body to adjust to any new mattress.
– As mattresses are a very bulky item, and the shipping prices Australia wide are so expensive, in most cases Furniture Deal cannot cover the cost of return shipping or disposal. If this occurs, it will be the buyers responsibility to dispose, donate to charity or on sell the mattress. We will not offer compensation or money back in this instance.
Kids leather Recliner Chairs –
– Our Kids recliner chairs have specific size break downs on all product pages. Please check these very carefully as the 30 day money back guarantee will not be eligible for satisfaction with the size.
– Incorrect colour ordered will also be ineligible for the 30 day money back guarantee.
– Return postage for these items will be covered by the buyer, and will also be returned in the original packaging and in it’s original condition to be eligible for the 30 day money back guarantee.
Timeframes for refunds
Refunds generally take to 5-9 working days to process, and will notify you once the refund has been processed. However, please allow an additional 5 working days on top for your financial institution to process it.
If you have any queries or wish to contact us, please do so by email at email@example.com.